Tips to find museums
Searches are not case sensitive, i.e. searching cape town or Cape Town will give the same results.
Basic search option
- Enter text in the space provided. Then click on the GO button.
- Searches for any text you enter across most categories on the database.
- Ideal to produces the most results.
- The more characters you enter the more specific the results will be.
Guided search option
- Quick lookups on Area, City, Posal Code and Province.
- Select any item from the list and click the GO button to view the results.
Advanced search option
Search by field
- First select a field from the drop-down list, and enter text in the space provided. Then click on the GO button.
- This searches the entire database according to the term you entered and limits the search to a specific field.
- Under Select a field, note the following options:
- All: searches across all the fields in the list, i.e. Organisation, Postal Address, etc.
- Ref ID: searches for the unique reference ID associated with the Organisation.