Museums Online South Africa (MOSA)™ is an established and dynamic heritage portal recognised both nationally and internationally.
It is run by an Association that maintains and develops this portal dedicated to art, science, culture and technology.
MOSA, although non-profit based, aims to be financially self-sustaining by offering a variety of services to the heritage sector.
MOSA receives sponsored hosting via lFlow Online but requires it’s own funds for the maintenance of the website and the running of the MOSA Association.
- Include your museum: listing with your address, contact details, description, images, etc.
- : login and share with museum people.
Paid for services
Contact us for further information on:
- Submitting news, events and classifieds
- Website and database hosting packages
- Domain registration, i.e. www.mymuseum.org.za
- Email accounts, i.e. email@example.com
- Bulk emailing to distribute your newsletters, invitations, etc. to all the museums in South Africa
- Banner and advertising options
- At present the structure of the Committee that runs MOSA comprises of Honorary and Associate Members.
- Project originators: Peter Dennis and Peter Hart-Davis.
- For her contribution to Museums Online and effort she put into the original newsletter: Shirene Dovey.
- For their assistance in getting the project going - from the museums side: John Kramer, Cedric Goliath, Aubury Byron, Marilyn Martin, Jon Weinberg, Anthea Josias, Dr Mike Cluver, Dr Aron Mazel.
- For their assistance in getting the project going - from the business side: Chris Roper, Jason Probert, Bruce Cohen (MWeb).
- Initial sponsored hosting: MWeb